Most of our documents are digital born. Have you given any thought to how you are going to preserve those documents? AIIM research shows that over 50% of the documents that are scanned originally were born digital. This means that the digital born documents were printed then scanned. Why? Aren't we using enough paper for other things? Register for the AIIM and PDF/A Competence Center seminar on this coming Friday, March 26 at the Doubletree Washington Hotel to find out about a file format (PDF/Archive) to preserve your digital documents. Register today at http://bit.ly/ce71Iv .
PDF/Archive is an ISO standard (ISO 19005-1) that was adopted as an ANSI standard (ANSI/AIIM/CGATS/ISO 19005-1). This seminar will introduce you to the standard and explain its importance to your organization's digital preservation strategy. The Washington, DC PDF/A Seminar will feature the following presentations:
- Susan Sullivan present on Digital Preservation and PDF/A
- Mark McKinney present PDF/A for Scanned Documents: Paper Becomes Digital
- Mark Maragni present on PDF/A and Output Management
- Leonard Rosenthol present on Metadata and Digital Signatures
- Stephen Levenson present a PDF/A Case Study and Future of PDF/A
Attend this seminar to learn about PDF/A so that you and your organization will be ready. Register today at http://bit.ly/ce71Iv.